Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Fringe

One of my favorite TV shows is Fringe. It is no longer on the air. It was on Fox for 5 seasons and was one of the more inventive shows I have ever seen. One of the main characters is named Walter Bishop. He is the man pictured on this book cover. The actor's portrayal of Walter was critically overlooked over the 5 year run.
While shopping at an actual book store over the summer I stumbled upon this paperback and decided to give it a try. There are no new shows to watch and this is the best way to get my fix. This story is about the character when he was much younger and an event the unfolded where he and his genius best friend accidentally opened a rift in time and a serial killer moved from his world into ours. The rest of the book is focused on returning the killer to his own time and space. It is a science fiction book to be sure and there are some funny moments. I suspect this is only for fans of the show. The book is not really well written. I think the author did not do justice to the characters but it was a fun and quick read. If you are a fan of the show this is worth your time. I will pick up a few more because I liked the show so much and sometimes a quick and fun read is just what I need from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment